Friday, June 14, 2013

Engineer Boot/Biker Boot shaped card freebie!

Another "motorcycle enthusiast" oriented project, from me to you.  The biker (or engineer) boot.  Did you know the straps and buckles serve a purpose?  They are supposed to be tightened so you don't loose your boots in a mishap. Anyway, here is the finished card:
  
Engineer Boot / Biker Boot shaped card.






How I did this, was I cut out the template on white cardstock, so the inside could easily be written on.  Then I used spray adhesive to attach it to some textured black cardstock, and cut that out also.
  
Template cut out and glued on textured black cardstock.
Please note the parts in the red box.  I shouldn't have glued them to the black, as it made the straps backwards (which would only effect the curved piece) and the buckles were too thick to work with easily.  Instead, use the peices as a template, and just cut the straps on black.  You can use metallic paper for the buckles, or, as I did, use a silver pen or paint on them.  I used my stylis to mark stitches and holes on the straps, and ran it along the bottom to make a sole and heel separation. 
I'm proably as clear as mud, but I'm better at crafting then teaching (but I'm best at making a MESS!) 
Hope you can use this and enjoy making it.  You can download the TEMPLATE HERE ON BOX.  I'd love to get your comments!  Sorry I didn't make an SVG, but I'm having issues with my cutting machine.  
Oh, and if you have a Harley, you might want to check out this site: Steel Thunder Custom Cycles. Kat

1 comment:

  1. So glad I saw your site on free digital stamps. Love this boot. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They really make my day.