Thursday, July 16, 2015

Free Gift Card Slider Box Template 

I just love boxes, and spend way too much time trying to make new ones.  Some actually work out!  This one I like. I made this nifty little slider box to fit a Gift Card.  It's quick and easy to make, only one edge to glue (I suggest rubber cement or a glue strip, so it doesn't pucker).  I bet you can come up with some nice ways to customize it.  I've been wanting to get this online for awhile, but had hoped to get some better pictures.  I just decided the heck with it, since someone has my camera at the moment.  This is the template:  
You can download this template HERE ON BOX.  This is what it looks like assembled:


What is cool about it is that the parts both fit into the 4.25 x 5.75" (or larger) embossing folders.  As you can see the tab that gets glued sticks out, but that is ok.  Just make sure you get the end you want texturized inside the folder.

For the slider part, fold the flaps over a bit, and they will fit:

I wanted a masculine gift card box, so was working on this "toolbox".
I didn't like the way it looked with "drawers", so I ended up leaving it pretty plain.



NOTE:  If you are new to making paper crafts, be sure to score the fold lines before folding, it really makes a difference.  
Also, I lighted up the fold lines a bit after these pictures were taken.  

I wanted, and started to, make up a much prettier gift card slider box to show you, but since I don't have a camera at the moment, well... maybe later.  How about you show me yours!  Just leave a link in the comments section to your blog, box account or photo page.

Hope you enjoy this.  Thanks for visiting.  Let me know how you like it! - Kat D.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments! They really make my day.